View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #17
RA1

Thank you all so much for the replies. I really appreciate the time. At 18, I don't really have any responsibilities, so the practicality thing isn't really huge for me. The thing i'm most worried about is spending 6-7k on a the boxster and immediately having something catastrophic go wrong. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, I've never gone to a dealership or shop to have anything done besides tire mounting and inspections. So i'm 99% confident I can handle anything the boxster throws at me in terms of fixing it, I would just be really bummed out if less than a month or two something awful happened that would cost more that 1k. At this point my plan would be to buy the boxster within the next month or two and probably drive the hell out of it yet take super good care of it mechanically for the summer and then when it comes time to go to college in the fall, make a decision based on the money I've spent whether or not it's a good financial decision to continue with the car or to sell it for something more "normal" (although that idea makes me want to throw up) If I put about 5k miles on it over the summer, would I be able to turn around and sell it fairly easily for about what I paid for it, provided everything is in as good of mechanical condition as it was when I bought it?
RA1 is offline   Reply With Quote