View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 08:04 AM   #11
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanboxster View Post
Thanks everyone for the input!

The O2 sensors on bank 1 and 2 are new. I had previously purchased them to resolve a check engine light that I had, I just never got around to doing it. I did finally installed them, just after the breakdown . And they are oem Bosch.

I am trying to not throw money at it, because I don't have money to throw lol.

I will swap the MAF because I have a spare.also I'll check for oil in throttle body and for vacuum leaks. I'll have to rent a fuel gauge but I will work on checking my fuel pressure too.

A long list but atleast these things won't cost my anything. Hopefully it gives up some answers!
I would not change parts(MAF-O2 sensors) or remove things that are not known problems until I had fixed the no start problem. You can create issues that were not there in the first place and end up just chasing your tail.
You need to start with some basic, simple tests to narrow down the problem.
As to your no start problem-- If you can get a helper, take your air intake at the throttle body off. Get a clean spray bottle put a little gas in it.
Now have the helper crank the engine while you hold the throttle open and spray some fuel into the intake. If the engine fires off you know it is a fuel delivery problem.

You can use starting fluid in place of the spray bottle of gas but personally I prefer the gas.
This is an easy, simple, cheap test, that will give you some good info, a solid starting point and what direction to proceed.
Let us know how you go

Last edited by blue62; 01-04-2020 at 08:13 AM.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote