View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #9
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
The issue was at various times it would just rev up but not move , quite dangerous at stop lights with the grand children in the van .
That IS scary isn't it?? Way back when we were getting a family going we bought (and I drove) a 1991 Ford Taurus—the only automatic transmission vehicle I've ever owned, dating back to the mid-70s. It was one of the first gen Tauruses that not uncommonly developed transmission issues, and mine did exactly that. Like your son's Sienna, it wasn't constant, just from time to time. But I remember when I decided something HAD to be done: I was sitting at an intersection, one of those iffy ones where a two-lane country road meets up with a divided highway (no light, just a stop sign), and I wanted to cross over the first 2 lanes and turn left onto the other two lanes. The car started into oncoming traffic (I should have had plenty of time to get safely across) then revved and sputtered as the transmission failed me. There was a semi coming, and I hit the brakes knowing he could still maneuver around me, but for a second I thought I could nurse it along and get across. I'm glad I didn't try!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote