View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 07:27 AM   #16
Brian in Tucson

I love the yellow one, but I'd probably go with the silver one. For the same price you get the lower mileage, and 50k is quite a lot. You're less likely to get cops following you around in the silver one, too.

I guess chronologically, I'm probably your grandpa's age (68). I am not crazy about silver or gold cars, I had mine repainted guards red. I say, you're only young once, so go for it. Pay for an independent opinion, a pre purchase inspection. And good maintenance records if possible. Nice to have a fun car, even in the wintry north. If you need to do repairs, you'll learn valuable lessons. My car when I was 19 was a 67 Mustang with body damage (I had fixed) and a 289 4bbl V8. A real POS, don't even wish I had it today. (they were really crummy cars!)

If you were my kid, I'd put my money where my mouth is. Either match funds with you on a newer Porsche. Or buy, outright, the car of my choice. Which would be a Prius. The freedom of a really fuel efficient car is wonderful, I've owned an older Prius and it was a surprisingly fun car.

Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 01-01-2020 at 07:30 AM.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote