View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 08:06 PM   #11
KevinH1990

I think the answer to your question depends on what other demands you face on your time, energy and financial resources.

When I was 18, I wanted to buy a 1959 Porsche 356 Convertible D. If I recall correctly, I think it would have cost about $1400. My Dad told me I could buy it, but I couldn't keep it at our house. His reasoning was that maintenance and restoration on the car would be time consuming and I would either forego college to work on the car or the car would rust away in our drive way because I lost interest. Although I would tease my Dad in later years that Convertible D's in great condition were selling for 6 figures, I think my Dad had great insight.

If owning the car is not going to interfere with your achievement of an important long-term goal, I think you will be able to make it work. As you can tell from the responses you received already, there are a lot of resources on this board that will make owning a Boxster fairly practical given that it has some inherent problems and it is a 20-year old German sports car.

If the car is going to be a distraction or a catastrophic engine failure will be a significant financial blow, I think it may be better to wait a few years. There should be plenty of cool cars to buy and your tastes may change.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote