View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 04:18 PM   #9
husker boxster

If you are mechanically inclined, Boxsters are relatively easy to work on. Parts, however, can be expensive.

While you like the yellow car, it is a tough sell as most people don't care for the color. That's in your favor when you want to buy but will be an issue when you go to sell in 2 yrs. I buy & sell Boxsters & Caymans as a hobby and won't buy a yellow car b/c it's tough to resell. Yellow cars are always priced lower than the safe colored cars (silver, black, white). With the high miles and color, the dealer with the yellow will certainly deal. But you will have the same hurdles when it's time for you to sell and color is an important part of selling a car. If they buyer doesn't like the color, it's very hard to convince them to buy it, regardless of price or condition. Also, wives really dislike yellow and they can influence a purchase even if they don't plan to drive a car. Reds and blues have as much wow appeal as yellow but are easier to sell. You need to keep the 2nd part of the equation (reselling) in mind since you plan to sell not too far down the road.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not against bright colors - I own an orange Boxster and green Cayman. I'm just passing along some of my knowledge for you to take or leave. I think yellow is a striking color and there are people who love it, but they're not in the majority. Porsche owners tend to want to 'blend in', so they like the safe colors.

Good luck with your decision. You are wise to ask for advice.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote