View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 04:19 AM   #19
Nine8Six

Guys, the Boxster... wroom, it-started-right-up!!! 8+ months or something since last time I've parked and unplugged it, what a blast this car, always been. Missed that slamming chain noise at start-up so much (not) lol! But there, same old good fun this car. I keep it, seriously.

Took it to my good old and loyal Porsche independent this afternoon for a fresh-up-everything, new oil, coolant, full tank, and and and you're ready for this?? "a full tank of New Shinny Blue Windshield Washer Fluid", that's right! My mechanic over-inflated the 4 tires and went out for an illegal street-race to round them up (lol) as they felt a bit squared on my way there so that got sorted real quick, not sure if this is a good trick to share (at your own risk I guess). But man, one of the rear wheel bearing is shot I think, or both dunno... I now get this whoomwhoomwhoom sound thingy when I turn the car at mid speed. Not sure if this was caused but sitting the car for a long time, certainly can't remember having heard that strange sound before. So... yea, we've ordered a set of 4 of those wheel bearings :/

At least I was taken to the nearest Sichuan Style Hotpot restaurant for a free dinner, just so my indy and I can catch up on life and exchange cool car pictures and ideas ;-) I think he feels responsible for the wheel 'bearing demolition' haha! All good fun guys. I was also asked to take the Boxster out at least once weekly, request (an order) from my indy so I'll see if time allow me to comply with that.

So that's for the car, I think so far so good! Additionally; I'm glad to have stopped-by your amazing forum this early morning guys. Super happy to see old friends and completely blasted by the fact that the majority of you are still here, impressive car this Boxster, really is (got to be, obviously). Hope to be able to share knowledge again (or at least what I can) from time to time and catch up with you all!

Off I go (exhausted car day really lol). See you guys around!