Thread: Just curious...
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #16
AUDIOGUY

Good post! Definately could have gone for the 911 if I wanted to. My best friend has a 2002 C4S and I have alot of miles in that vehicle. That was a benchmark for me as far as performance and Porsche quality. I would certainly have loved to own that car, but at 70k it was out of my price range. I knew I wanted a convertible. My prior 2 cars were BMW M Roadsters. I drove a 2000 911 coupe, 6 speed. Not all that impressed and was priced at around 40k. Drove a 2002 Boxster S and was very impressed, had more options and felt more nimble and comparably powerful. I drove a 2001 Cabriolet priced at around 44k and was not impressed at all... car was heavy feeling, had a clumbsy top and didnt give me any goosebumps. Finally found a 1 owner 2001 Boxster S with 20 k miles with 99% of the options I wanted at a sub-forty k price! I knew that I was going to buy it and in fact added a B and B exhaust and Evo intake at the Porsche dealer and still came in under budget!

I am sure there are people that will feel completely opposite about the 911. I do love the car, I just cant help feeling more and more positive about my Boxster S purchase every time I drive my buddys C4S. They are totally different and both wonderful cars. I feel that I truely bought the perfect car for me!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote