View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
bg305
01 Seal Gray 986 S

Continued...

I don't like talking on the phone in the car and would have ditched the pioneers mic completely, but it was used for the voice control with Android Auto, which I use all the time. I hated the idea of mounting the mic anywhere visible though. After staring at the dash for a bit trying to find locations for it and envision how the wire would have to be run, it occurred to me that it might be able to "poke out" through one of the blank switches in the horse shoe. I figured worse case I just need to find another blank if I mess up and went to work. I am really happy with the way it came out. I have not made it permanent yet, as I want to see if there are any usability issues with it picking up my voice all the way recessed like it is. It is winter here in NY and I am not planning on driving it until march or so. Once I get a chance to see how it works I will glue up the small gaps.

I also managed to scuff up my paint a bit on the top right corner of the plastic kit surrounding the radio, I tried hitting it with a bit of touch up, but it is pretty visible. A lot of my "Sport Design" interior pieces are scratched a bit, And I want to take them all out and sand / respray anyway, but this will be another project. I tried spraying the radio bezel kit with it other then my added smudge spray at the end, I think it looks pretty good.

So... many boxes checked on my winter boxster todo list! yay!
bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote