Thread: Just curious...
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
EPIQTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
Todd,

Very interesting observation...

Never thought of the 911 as a GT as compared to the Boxster as a true sports car. My only complaint is the Boxster is underpowered compared to the 911 ( by design ). I would love to drive a new Boxster S - can't imagine what 295 hp would feel like compared to my 201...

Nick
One of the most fun experiences I had was driving a 911 turbo with manual transmission. Wow, that was crazy, but still, I felt as if it was a vehicle that was good despite itself - the engineering marvel that it is created a car that performs like it is not supposed to because of the rear engine configuration. I like a lithe car, one I can really feel on the road, and frankly except for the Elise the Boxster is the best at that, and the Elise/Exige really isn't that much better - less than I expected anyway.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote