View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #51
WizardSmokey
Shapeshifting Lizard-Man

Garage
Yep! I was wondering how long until someone got it.

At the moment, the engine and trans are up at a place in L.A. Found a place that specializes in custom engine/transaxle adapters.

Other than that, the engine is going to be running a full Haltech 2500 ECU. I've already de-wired the back half of the car, as it's all getting redone. Even down to the brakelight wiring, i'm just going to simplify as much as possible. Did you know there's over 50 lbs of wiring in a 986 just from the driver's seat back? That's a whoooole lot to reduce. (Hoping I can get this car to below 2400 once all this is done.)

One thing I'm very much looking forward to is that for any SCCA events I do, the car is now in XP, which has a lot less restrictions on certain things, like aero. While I absolutely love the PHAT WANG that me and my codriver made from a piece of sheet aluminum and some home depot hardware, the XP class allows for a proper wing, and quite a large one, too, as well as a splitter. Even though auto-x typically features lower speeds, some really aggressive aero can make at least some difference at 40-60 mph.

We're not going to try and get the regional championship in 2020, what with getting the car running, then getting it running right, then getting it dialed in just so, but we are going to make as sincere of an effort as possible for the 2021 season. The goal is regional championship, and do our damnest to get to nationals. It's quite a severe departure from the beginning of this thread, where I mentioned that I was doing this just for giggles and etc., but we feel like it's a possibility, so why not?

However, before any of this, we gotta get the motor in. Stay tuned.
WizardSmokey is offline   Reply With Quote