View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
Britrover

Recommendations on new Soft top

Hi,

My 98 Boxster has finally developed a crack in the original rear window. I have searched the forum heavily and the best option appears to be replacing the soft top as a whole. I do have a few quick questions prior to pulling the trigger on this necessary fix.

1) Does the soft top with rear glass window cause any service headaches? There are comments I read that it makes the vehicle harder to service and will it cause any issues with the mechanism as a whole?

2) I am looking to order the newer soft top German material in red as used on the newer Porsche’s, Mercedes etc. Looking for input on what this newer material is called a reliable vendor to buy it from. I have seen many listings on eBay around $550 for the German fabric with the glass window and then GAHH which is around $1250.

Look forward to some valuable feedback and getting this project completed quickly.

Looking to add: Ferrari 328 GTS | Classic Rolls Royce
Britrover is offline   Reply With Quote