View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 03:58 AM   #19
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjohn View Post
Regarding the engine, I have been reading more about the Audi 2.7t. Seems to be a very robust power plant with all forged internals and twin turbos stock. Very tunable, reliable engine. Worst I have heard is they are prone to engine leaks, but that would be addressed before it was fitted to the car. And they are pretty inexpensive to buy.

Anyway, I am going to build something fast and fun and this is my current thinking. I may change my mind, but who knows.
I have a 3.4 996 with 278hp at the wheels in my boxster. It's fun but not enough for me. Most oil leaks on the 2.7 are the oil lines connected to the turbos. It's highly unlikely you'd keep those small KO3's when installing that motor into a boxster anyway. I have a 2.7t waiting to be put in my boxster but I plan on going with a single turbo. Guys are getting 700hp+ out of those 2.7t's. I'm shooting for a more reliable 500hp. I'm not sure the suspension could handle more than that. I also plan on using a cayman 6 speed to make the swap easier. The mechanical part of the swap looks to be very easy. Electrical, now that's a different story.