View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 04:05 AM   #14
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxD View Post
JEDD,

AIM is popular because it offers many of the features of Pro systems (Motec, Pi/Cosworth, Bosch, etc.) at significantly lower cost. The VBOX systems have significantly better video capture and functionality than AIM.

There are pro's and con's to them all.

The K-line output from the Boxster ECU is far too slow to really capture meaningful data. It has many of the right channels. TPS for instance would not even remotely show you accurately where you were full throttle on corner exit. That why additional sensors are the way to go, or taping the signal from the TPS in this case.
My experience with Aim is this exact thing. My speedometer show one thing on track and on replay is often 5 MPH lower Tack is similar. So you never see your peek speed on video. and my gas pedal was often 40 to 60 % when I know it was matted.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote