View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #1342
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Holmberg View Post
I've seen quite a few different makes of cars run in PCA "Driving Education" events, but I've never seen a purpose-built car (formula or sports racer/prototype). Check with them, but I don't think they would allow such a low, light-weight car on track with the 3000# street cars for safety reasons. Also very different performance: the street cars would hold you up in the corners, then blow by you on the straights.

Maybe you could run an FST or F600 with NASA. Although even their unlimited class for purpose-built cars is all covered-wheel, as far as I've seen.

A place that's a little lower-stress place to race a formula car would be with the vintage organizations. There's been quite a resurgence in vintage Formula Ford lately.

There are lots of fun purpose-built track toys around with covered wheels that you could probably run with PCA, NASA, etc. Radical, Ariel Atom, Diaso, Exocet, etc. You might look on racingjunk.com, race-cars.com, or bringatrailer.com

Greg
No, our TT/DE is fine with just about any car as long as it is safe and meets our safety rules. For FST or F600, it would need roll cage, harnesses and fire system. We have had lots of different cars at our track events from bone stock Miata's to Super 7's, GT-4 clubsports, cup cars, frankenporsche's and everything in between. The run groups are split up based on lap times mainly and driver skill/experience
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote