View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #13
racer_troy

Gpx v. 987

I'm a C&D subscriber and gingerman is appx 50min from my house and is availab le once a week for open lapping...I remember reading this when it first came out...the thing that first sticks out in my mind is that we are talking lap times with a professional driver behind the wheel...i think it safe to say that for the common man, the results would be dramatically different...meaning that a relatively small minority of people are very comfortable pushing there vehicles at the hairy edge of the gpx's handling threshold in order of pursuit of lower laps times...

also, i would venture to guess that any run...mano a mano...through your local twisties, will find the boxster driver waiting paitiently at the end of said run to collect his friendly wager...in fact, due to the real world handling advantage had by the boxster (read: stability in the bumpy corner), it might be wise to collect your wager before you embark on the journey with the gpx driver...

just my 0.02...but i would think that for the average driver, the confidence inspired by the stability of the 98x chassi will translate into faster times most anywhere...

cheers,

--troy
racer_troy is offline   Reply With Quote