View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 02:01 PM   #9
kk2002s

Garage
A couple years back I went for inspection and those 2 monitors were incomplete and I failed. I had 30 days to figure it out. I had been getting a P0442 1 - 2 times in a year, thought it was loose gas cap, I just cleared it. So I did that diver routine several times to try and get the SAI to complete but it is almost impossible. I was running out of time and realized I needed help. So for the first time I took my car to a shop. They diagnosed as an Evap issue, due to history of P0442. Replaced the canister and valves. The Evap monitor now completed but SAI still did not. I went straight to inspection from the shop and I passed inspection. One monitor can be in incomplete state to pass in NJ. About 6-8 month later I noticed my SAI monitor was now going to Complete. So a month back I was due for inspection but now both monitors were routinely completing and I breezed through inspection. From my research it appears that the SAI may need the Evap monitor to complete plus going through those series of drive, idle routines.
Good luck

Last edited by kk2002s; 10-20-2019 at 02:04 PM.
kk2002s is offline   Reply With Quote