View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 05:10 AM   #18
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Well as I stated it was only a guess. But look at the condition of the throttle body butterfly. Does it look like oil dirt residue??????? or just dirt???? Not sure myself. But I believe it is upstream of the oil in the intake. So like I said I am only guessing.
I don't know when last your oil was changed, or your air filter (didn't again read this entire thread) but I'd suggest it's just oil. When I purchased my car a couple years ago I chose to remove the air intake... and what I saw mirrored your "dirty" pic and with more oil. I pulled the throttle body and the asociated tubes... and they had a fair amount of oil. I, too, pulled the MAF... cleaned it up.

Cleaned it all up... put it back together and, not long thereafter... installed the OEM AOS.

Pulled off the TB about a month later (and after the new AOS install) just to double check... and all was good.

Your TB looks clean now... you'll be all good. You'll find that as more you read upon these pages you'll begin to "know" better your car. Ask questions for those answers you can't find and you'll be a Porsche mechanic in no time. Maybe not on the same level as the "Masters" who serve as outstanding resources... they Rock.

Cheers!