View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinporsche View Post
OK, a really cool solution: oil gets in the IMS tube anyway so may as well force oil thru it to lubricate the bearing.

Looks like the oil pump is on the other end of the engine though, so more work for my mechanic (wonder if he'll be willing to try this one). Is the oil pump hard to access from underneath with the car on a lift?

They say 5,000 installed. Anyone know someone who's installed this?

I am not a spirited driver, but I wonder if oil starvation on hard cornering could bean issue? And what does it do to oil capacity -- do you need more now that you're partially filling the tube with oil squirting down it?
I was wondering about the oil capacity too. I concluded that you may need to add a little extra the first time. A pint maybe, or less? My thinking is that any oil that remains in the tube when the engine is off will take a long time to drip down, so when you do an oil change stays in there and you refill as usual and the level will not be effected. It's like changing the fluid on an automatic transmission, some stays in the torque converter. But in the case of a transmission, most by far stays in the torque converter, while very little remains in the IMS tube.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote