View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #39
outsidetheboxster

short update

Hi Guys

I was able to purchase the used oil pan. Sheet metal, no name brand or numbers, about 5" deep with remote oil filter mount and lines included. $200 and helped out a friend so all in all a good deal.

Also ordered and received (yay amazon!) a crank pulley for a front drive LS4. Super narrow and only a single flat belt drive. That will save a bunch of space and therefore cutting, I think.....

Still looking for a car type LS intake manifold, and looking at stand alone ECM's. So much to choose from with options all over the board.

Met Sam last week and he knows some guys opening a dyno shop that are LS savvy and may have parts or good sources at least. He is busy now soaking up info from my Bentleys manual. Lots of good info in there to go along with the 101 Projects bible.

Had a buddy refer to the project car as the Frankenboxster. Kinda like that but WAY too long for a license plate where you only get 7 characters. Actually looking for ideas how to create a red letter "L" to go in the trunk letters so it reads Boxster L S. Ideas on that?
outsidetheboxster is offline   Reply With Quote