View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 03:05 AM   #30
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidetheboxster View Post
Flushing the water passages and radiators clean and free of milkshake residue went pretty well.

Used a 30 gallon drum, a submersible pump with a 2" outlet, a second pump with a hose bib fitting for the heater core and lines, a 25' garden hose, several pipe clamps of various sizes, electrical tape, and of course duct tape! (actually Gorilla tape, incredible stuff and highly recommended for your tool boxes just in case)

Added Super Clean to HOT water and turned the pumps on. Then shut them off and tightened the clamps and moved the drum to catch most of the mess. THEN was able to re-start the pumps and fill everything with solution without it spraying all over the place. Shut the pumps off to allow things to loosen up and gave it about 10 minutes to soak, repeat. Eventually got clear water coming out. :dance:

Next step was connect the trusty shop vac and let it run until everything was sucked dry. My shop is only heated as needed and we are supposed to be below freezing and possibly have the first snow of the season this weekend. Don't want to lose anything to solid water. Porsche parts are expensive!

Got on eBay and ordered a Davies Craig 8650 remote water pump kit for an LS, with a 150LPH pump and controller. And now another 2 week wait for that from Australia.

No huge news other than finding the remote pump kit. I'll let you know how that hooks up and include pics. Expecting the adapter plate and flywheel soon so you may see that and test fitting to the engine bay first. I get to see the oil pan tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Awesome! Glad the submersible pump idea worked!

Looking forward to reading more as you progress!
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote