View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #21
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw8282 View Post
Update:

I installed the slave cylinder (The nut that attaches the hydraulic line is 12 mm. This is frustrating in such a tight spot). Tuff install but can be done. Leverage is minimal. I felt like a weakling after getting the slave lined up and bolted down. Key (for me) is to put white lithium grease all over the bellows as well as the tip and mental/ physical strength :-)

Initially gears 2-6 went into gear very roughly then wouldn't engage thereafter. Again, the gears shifted fine with the car off. Obviously I'm not happy with the results. Anything else I can do or check before the clutch has to be inspected?? If anyone has any insight on what is occurring since the new slave cylinder didn't fix the problem it would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

What happens if you put it in second gear, start it with clutch depressed, then let off brake with clutch still depressed (on flat ground)?

Does the car try to creep forward at all (is the clutch grabbing at all with the pedal fully depressed, in gear and running)?
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote