View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #17
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles5448 View Post
Only happens under hard cornering during an Autocross. Haven't been able to drive hard enough on the street. There was one section of the track a couple of weeks ago that was bumpy and after hitting it in the middle of a turn it started to make the noise/feeling. Now everytime I corner hard during the Autocross I get the same noise/feeling.

At first I was convinced the tires needed more air. Tried this and there was no change. My boxster has a TC button so I thought maybe that was the culprit but after doing a run with it off, nothing changed.

Jacked the car up today and gave the CV axles a good once over and didn't see or feel anything outside of the ordinary. Gave the wheels a good shake and didn't feel any slack and didn't hear while rotating the hub.

So it only makes the noise under hard cornering during the autocross. Sound and feeling is speed dependent (gets louder and harder with speed). It also doesn't seem to matter if I am turing left or right. No signs of anything rubbing underneath and the car drives GREAT when being street driven. I can shift freely through all the gears and the shifter doesn't have any slack or play in it.

Really at a loss for what it could be. Leaning toward motor mounts after seeing it in action today but thinking there might also be something else at play here.
I have a motor mount with a harder than stock bushing I was going to install for racing when mine wore out. I have stopped racing so it is for sale $170 shipped to East coast.