View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
i would put a K&N anyway, just remove the oils prior to installing, I did that and have yet to have an issue with it. MAS is good and sound and pick up is great....No different than using those $300+ cone filter intakes since they dont use oil either. Probably the vacum pressure in the intake and the restrictive flow of the stock filter is causing this.

If the intake tube is plastic, it could be flexing during full boost on the vacum end of the intake tube.

Hi,

If you're using a K&N or other oiled filter media Filter w/o the Oil, you might as well not use any filter at all. That is because they have much biiger holes in them than the OEM paper filter and require the Oil to trap dirt particles.

All the evidence I have seen (ISO 5011 testing) shows that K&N cannot substantiate any of the claims they make. Their dyno charts may show 1-3HP increase, but for a new filter. 3k mi. later, according to ISO 5011 results, that same dyno would yield a chart showing performance to be inferior to the OEM paper filter. They a car go faster about as much as an STP sticker in the window...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote