View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 06:02 AM   #7
blofish

Garage
2000 boxster S

Just so happens, I am a mechanic did the heavy lifting myself. Had the heads done at local machine shop. I`ve done restoration on muscle cars, CJ Jeeps and lately older Range Rovers and to be honest the Porsche was a pleasure to work on, it`s engineering just makes everything work. Spent a grand in tools had to build a few and a few hundred hours of research but this car was a great project. It helps also I`m a industrial electrician by trade. The myth that these car should only be touch porsche train techs is crap the later models can`t speak of and I`m sure they are getting more complicated as all cars have, but through 986 models there is no mystery a laptop and full set of tools scan tool, volt meter and no fear that any home gear head can`t handle maybe not deep engine work, cracking the crank case and the bearing carrier you might leave to well tooled shop the rest is simple mechanics. With after market parts to offset the cost of parts and the info on the web these are easier than working a honda by far.
blofish is offline   Reply With Quote