View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 07:52 AM   #7
outsidetheboxster

Ah, Tacoma. The land where the guys have man-buns and wear wool socks in their sandals. Back at ya! And kidding somewhat as well. I like it here on the warm dry side of the state.

Just to clarify, the car will be straightened and painted once I get the mechanicals sorted. Can't see doing that until I'm done leaning on it to reach the tight spots. It's not terrible, I was just making the point it's not perfect. A good paintless dent tech could fix 90 percent of it and then stick a bra on it to hide the scrapes on the bumper cover.

I will most likely start a build thread shortly once I get a bit further on parts gathering. Still deciding which engine to go with. My concern is it will be slow going. That makes me wonder if I should take notes and pics along the way and post it up when I'm done instead?

It seems to be a popular swap with a fairly small supply chain so far. Maybe I can change that. I'm in my mid-fifties and thinking a part time business might be a good idea. Who knows where that could lead. Most of my hobby experience revolves around wood working but metal is similar so far as measure twice cut once. Maybe put together a real kit with clear directions and diagrams....

We'll see what happens but guess I can start a thread either way. I'll see if I can figure out how to add pics too.
outsidetheboxster is offline   Reply With Quote