View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 09:32 AM   #224
rfuerst911sc

So it's been 4 years and 7,000 miles later got a chance to get back to Jake's shop to do some fine tuning . I looked back at my old dyno charts and she made 277 hp and 245 lb. ft. of torque at the wheels when she was new . That was in the winter so cold crisp air . The only thing I have altered since then is I took off the GHL muffler and installed the stock S muffler with a home version of PSE bypass pipes . Jake has a new propriatory tuning system so I decided to try it . Yesterday the temps were in the mid 80's but not too humid so decent conditions .

Basically after about 15 pulls we had it dialed in , the AFR's from idle to 7K are perfect with max hp of 282.22 and torque of 252 ........... at the wheels ! The throttle response is even more crisp than it was which is hard to believe . Idle is rock steady , light throttle or heavy throttle she's as smooth as a turbine . Zero drivability issues it starts great cold or hot . One of the guys at the shop stated mine pulls as hard as some 4 litres he has driven . I know Jake is building some monster motors so mine is a pip squeek in comparison but I wouldn't trade mine for anything at the moment . Driving " the beast " in the mountains is just crazy I can power slide at will or keep her sedate and in control . I can't imagine how many of these Porsche could have sold if they rolled off the assembly line like this one .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote