View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
outsidetheboxster

Thanks for the response, but I' a bit surprised at only one reply. I figured it would bring out both camps. I realize some of you are dyed in the wool preservationists, and some of you are not. That's part of the motor vehicle scene for sure. I'm a bit of both. I do have a 1912 Maxwell that I co-own with my brother. I will not modify it as my grandfather did a cosmetic restoration on it from the 1960's to the 1980's. That's family history. The Boxster, not so much. I can't see it ever being worth "preserving" in the foreseeable future. They simply made SO many of them and unless you have a low mile original in good shape, they are not worth preserving. I bought mine, full of wrinkles and dents, with clogged radiators, torn axle boots, and a trashed engine, lots of new parts followed by lots of abuse, and then discarded like yesterdays trash. My hope is to make it a fun, drivable, roadworthy machine again rather than selling off parts. Maybe someday it will be passed on to one of my kids although I can't imagine what they would do with it. Times are changing, and I wanted to do a more modern platform. Yes, Renegade has a neat bunch of parts, but I have several months until I can drive it and an inquisitive mind. Hence my request and my handle, something outsidetheboxster, as in outside looking in and out of the norm. I want to investigate using water passages off the back of the block for circulation to the radiator to reduce firewall cutting, less structural remodel work, etc. I don't need a 600HP ground pounder, just something reliable with a nice throaty sound to it. Rather old school in a modern package. I love the sound of a V-8 rowing through the gears on a cool fall morning. And I have a bit of a fun car fund from selling off other projects, so why not? Ideas for mounts that won't break the bank? Or any other suggestions? Any constructive comments or ideas as to how to proceed are welcome!
outsidetheboxster is offline   Reply With Quote