View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #7
phook

It was a blast! The temperature was just a tad under the 3rd bar on the thermostat. Keeping the car on w/ the heater on full brought the temperatures back to 180 fairly quickly.

As far as the track day goes, I had a blast! The car handles very well at Auto Club Speedway's Interior configuration, but I still have a ton to learn. Since I don't know how to heel-toe downshift yet, I was having a trouble with being in the correct gear coming out of the corners. Since I rarely have to press the brake that far down while driving on the street, it's been a challenge for me to practice the technique.

At the track, I noticed that I was able to feel the gas pedal with the right side of my foot while braking, so I gave it a shot but kind of messed up due to not having the muscle memory, and the gear popped out. Anybody know of a good way to practice heel toe on this car?

Other then that, I need to learn my line better and need to remember to look up and forward! I caught myself staring down at the apex quite a few times. And during my one spin out at my last session, I felt my rear going out, and it felt so slow that I'm pretty sure I would have caught it if I kept my eyes on the track instead of worrying about where I was going to spin towards.
phook is offline   Reply With Quote