View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #1
Quadcammer

check my thinking here...AOS related

so, it seems I'm one of the lucky ones that has regular AOS issues, despite running the oil level low, which exacerbates my oil pressure drops.

I get the crankcase needs vacuum for sealing and low tension rings, so you can't or wouldn't want to just delete the AOS. However, I'm wondering if there isn't a way to get around feeding it to the intake.

Specifically, I'd like to run an electric vacuum pump that generates approximately 10in/hg of vacuum on a motor.

Basically, AOS stays, the "outlet" gets routed to a catchcan, and the outlet of the catch can gets routed to the vacuum pump. The intake port would then just be plugged.

By doing this, you retain vacuum to the AOS/crankcase, which should render it a moot point. The issue tends to be heavy throttle (i.e. no vacuum), followed by sharp lifts at high rpms before turning (i.e. lots of vacuum). The electric pump would generate steady vacuum.

My understanding is that these vac pumps don't love oil through them, so hence the catch can and hence buying at FCP if it fails. I'd also consider running this only at the track, since on the street I have no issues at all.

The only problem I can see is that since the vac pump is exhausting metered air, it may cause a lean condition.

Any thoughts on why this wouldn't work or is a bad idea?

Thanks!
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote