View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 03:58 AM   #6
rfuerst911sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool2001 View Post
Recently purchased my first Porsche... 2001 Boxster S. I am looking to change the stock exhaust. Looking to enhance that Porsche sound!! More horsepower would be a plus! Not looking to break the bank. Any suggestions.. just the muffler or entire exhaust? Any insight is welcomed!
Just like " what oil is best for my Porsche " threads about exhausts have a variety of opinions . First off everyone has a different tolerance for noise , loud for one guy is perfect for another . Second is that most ( not all ) aftermarket mufflers will have an annoying resonance/drone in the 2500 - 3000 rpm range . Do you live in a county that requires emission testing ? I ask that because if you don't have emission testing you can go with aftermarket headers , no cats and the muffler of your choice . Keep in mind the cats not only help with emissions but also with sound reduction , no cats is much louder .

I have run the stock S muffler , a Dansk sausage muffler , a GHL twin can muffler , a Mille Miglia single can and now a S muffler modified with the " home version " of a PSE bypass . To my ear the Dansk was almost as quiet as the stock S muffler . The GHL was a screamer ! The Mille Miglia was quieter and less raspy than the GHL and the modified S muffler surprisingly louder than I thought it would be . If I were in your shoes if you have a local Porsche chapter go to an autocross or DE being sponsored by PCA and listen to various cars . When you find one you like go talk to the owner . It is very easy to throw $$$ chasing the perfect sound/performance .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is online now   Reply With Quote