Thread: '98/'99 boxster
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
sara

'98/'99 boxster

I know I am probably an anomaly here, being a woman and well aware of the deep knowledge base at a forum like this (I have over the years monitored several - knitting, science fiction and sailing) but here goes.
I grew up driving my father's 911 (he also raced go-carts) and my present vehicle is a 12 year old SUV in excellent mechcanical condition (purchased new and should last another 8 years). Having put 2 kids through college, I am feeling the urge to add some zest to my life and take advantage of California sun. A miata is too tame but with summer on the wane there are a few '98/'99 boxsters for sale with less than 30K miles for sale in supposedly 'pristine' condition (20 years ago I drove a friend's for about 6 months). I'm aware of the IMS problems and would never consider a 2000-2005 even with the LN update (ticking time bomb). I'm also not interested in going 0-60 in 5 seconds, but rather in a spirited drive. I'm also well aware that a good PPI is necessary before any purchase.
My question is - realistically what should I be looking at replacing on a low mileage (less than 30K) '98/'99 boxster to make it a rather bullit-proof drive and a rough cost associated? Thank you.
sara is offline   Reply With Quote