View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
TheMitch

Suddenlty Boxster won't start can't get to engine

2003 986 Boxster S, manual 6 speed 37,000 miles, turns over but won't start after driving 20 minutes and parking the car. Outside air temp 71-72F or 21-22C Like my ex, she left me stranded.

About a month ago the red led on my key began to blink even when I wasn't pressing it. I thought it meant I needed a new battery so I put in a new Duracell CR 2032 battery. The light would activate when I pushed the button with the new battery but the remote would no longer work. I went on youtube, read the owners manual and followed the procedures to re-sync the key but to no avail. OK so I just locked and unlocked the the car with the key. Then after driving it for about 20 minutes and locking the door, I unlocked the door, the engine would turn over, but would not start. I had the car towed to my home as I live about 125 miles from the closest Porsche repair facility.

Today I tried to raise the top for the first time since the car wouldn't start, to get into the engine compartment and do some tests. Battery is fully charged, Hand brake pulled up, ignition switch on and nothing happened when I pushed the convertible top button. I even put my feet on the brake and clutch to to make sure. Nothing.

Did I somehow disable the system? Can I fix this myself?
TheMitch is offline   Reply With Quote