Old 08-05-2019, 03:07 AM   #95
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Reviving this old thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
stay positive.
in a year or two it will be all gone.
lucky for us, lack of foam affects only the heating function, and not the cooling.
Good morning people.

OK. I've had that foam problem, and was going to cover the flap(s) with aluminum tape (never fail). As I was researching the steps I visited this thread (Bookmarked).

Yesterday, again (and since I purchased the car in 8.17) If it's reasonalby hot outside (100F+) when I run the AC I'll get cold air. However, and it pops up randomly, occasionally it will start blowing cool air... and then tepid. This will last for 5 minutes... then return to cold... then 5-10 minutes... cool and tepid... then cold again. It repeats the cycle until the car is shut off. It seems like a "cycle".

So, this morning and as I was researching the repair process, I find that "... lack of foam affects only the heating function, and not the cooling." Given I run the heater maybe twice a year I'm not so concerned about the heat.

All that said... do the board pros believe that the flap repair will remedy the, when the ac is running, cold/cool/tepid/cold/cool/tepid/ etc cycle? Is there something else at which I should be looking? Is the "... lack of foam affects only the heating function, and not the cooling" statement correct? Thje Tomikaze response leaves me seeking further clarification. Thank you.

Thank you, wise minds.