View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 05:49 PM   #12
jreissenweber1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom4782 View Post
Here are a few things to consider

Best choice: low mileage car, less wear on everything; pristine condition; IMS replaced. If original IMS and you plan on keeping the car for many years, go with IMS Solution. This will cost 3-4K

Regardless, get a comprehensive PPI because only then will you know what mechanical shape the car is in and what you’ll need to fix

These cars are expensive to maintain: Porsche parts are really expensive and labor rates are high. If you’re a great wrench turner, this will help lower the cost of keeping the car up. BTW you don’t need Porsche parts, just the equivalent parts from an OEM supplier to Porsche.

Best of luck
thom4782

thank you .. this is where I am at at this time .. after all my investigations. Outer limit 50K .. hopefully around 35K .. pay a premium yes but less cost in the long run .. I'm planning on driving her until I .. well can't anymore
As for the PPI .. I read somewhere that the leak down and compression tests were invasive ..
??? . should I include horoscope as well? how about pulling the oil filter (ok replacing and cutting open .. even if it has been changed supposedly) ..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jreissenweber1 is offline   Reply With Quote