View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #8
jreissenweber1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
Well the driving feel starts to fade after 2002 but comfort gets better & $20K will get you the best of the 986 S available. You really have to drive all the generations & see which you prefer. I don't follow the 987 up values but I have driven one & a 2015 model. They are more capable & comfortable but less fun to me, however on a long trip that may be more enjoyable.
BYprodriver ..
I do believe you put into words what I was trying to somehow convey .. about that driving ~feeling~ .. at least for me as well that special something peaks at 2002 .. as well as the character of the auto .. and an emotional attachment ..
over the past 6 months .. I've looked at close to 35 different boxsters and driven 13 .. unfortunately in no particular order .. and for periods of 20 minutes to 2 hours. I've also spent countless hours reading .. forums and reviews .. as well as 'for sale's' nation wide ..
I believe I have narrowed down my search to ..
a) 2000 - 2002 S manual hardtop .. ~heart~ .. pros - driving feeling .. modifiable .. and I do really love the 986 body lines .. cons - ims and IDing past maintenance and present mechanical status .. and $ to add reliability .. est cost $12 - 15K plus upgrades (tires .. brakes etc)
b) 2009/2010 PDK .. ~head~ .. pros - buy and drive .. reliability .. more comfort for road trips .. less worry about mechanical failure .. cons - initial cost (low asking price 20 - 24K) ..
c) 1998/99 2.5 manual .. ~emotional~ .. there's this one particular ~color~ .. my wife of 15 years now (who has put up with .. well let's say my darkness) .. has an eye for color .. she learned to drive her dad's 911 .. and if I find one available .. would probably be ~it~ .. for emotional (not monitary) reasons ..

so there is where I am at this moment .. my next 2 weeks are filled with several intense theropy sessions and then some chemical treatment (VA approved clinical test study) ..

when that is thru .. I intend to again test drive the 3 .. and make my selection ..

thanks to you .. and all .. for your words ..
hopefully soon I can have a few more last minute questions before I .. decide ..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by jreissenweber1; 07-28-2019 at 06:53 AM.
jreissenweber1 is offline   Reply With Quote