View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 02:37 AM   #113
rfuerst911sc

Update pics of welded bypass pipes

Sorry guys I'm way late posting my progress , between 2 weeks vacation and other projects taking priority it fell behind . Anyway the pipes are now welded in place . I did the hole drilling and tacked them in place at home with my mig welder . I could have finished the welding myself but decided to have a friend that can tig weld complete the welding . I think I did a good job of getting them centered on the tips and have kept the pipes as tight to the muffler body as possible , time will tell if I have any fitment issues .

Not sure when I am going to install it as I have a lot of DIY projects burning at the moment . Even though I am retired time is still a precious commodity While the muffler is on the bench I'm going to clean up and polish the exhaust tips as it is much easier out in the open . I will update my thoughts about the sound and dyno results once I get there . In the mean time I hope my pics can help others doing this modification .

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote