View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 04:44 AM   #1
edevlin

Unhappy Speeding Ticket Stories

So, I was doing a search of old posts for "windscreens" to try to figure out how to keep the bottom of my center windscreen from sliding back and forth and I came across a post on top speed reached in a Boxster. One of the posts spoke about the consequences of a high-speed speeding ticket.... that got me thinking.

I have had my 2000 2.7L Boxster for about 6 months. 95% of the time I am a very good driver, obeying all the traffic laws. But we live in a rural location and I do speed from time to time on our back country roads. I ocassionally pop the speed briefly up into the triple-digits (sure does not take long to get up there).

Back in the day when I rode motorcycles I can remember getting three tickets on three separate occasions in a single day (making too much noise with the bike, riding without a helmet, speeding). But, my wild-boy days are mostly gone and I have not gotten a speeding ticket for probably 20 years...... That is so far.

I think it would help me behave myself if I could hear stories of getting citations for driving inappropriately, the way I do from time to time. In our Virginia where I live, speeding over 80 mph can count as "reckless driving" which can result in up to a $2,500.00 fine and a year in jail! And then there is insurance rates after a ticket. Any stories?

Ed

2000 Boxster

2000 2.7L Boxster 102K; TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered
edevlin is offline   Reply With Quote