View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 10:41 PM   #52
Nevergrowup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronjoy View Post
Been following your Boxster mods-they’re interesting and tasteful. The mesh behind the front bumper grilles is genius. I’m surprised the factory didn’t come up with that idea. I haven’t looked-are those grilles removable without pulling the entire bumper? I’ve had an ‘86 3.2 coupe for a few years. Based on all the good press and comparo tests I found/bought a ‘98 2.5. While they are different cars I much prefer the Boxster-so much so I’m trying to sell the Carrera or trade it for another 986 + $. The Boxster reminds me of my MGB/Sprite days but without all the leaks/rattles (I do have a hardtop). Wondering what your feelings are regarding these two. Maybe it’s my age (74) but I also prefer the relative simplicity of the early cars w/o driving aids and electronic gizmos Americans seem to expect. Sorry to drone on but an inquiring mind is also curious whether English is your native language?
Thanks! Sorry for the late reply - I actually didn't see this post until today... The grilles are hot glued on from the back of the bumper, so it has to come off.

I don't miss my old SC as much as I thought I'd do. The 986 is so much cheaper so I don't feel guilty for modding it, and the creature comforts in the newer car make it so much more pleasureable to use daily. The G-models are one of the best looking car designs ever, and the quirky nature of them is really special, but I have no regrets over swapping to the Boxster.

I'm 48 myself, and I'm actually very excited over modern gizmos! That said, I'm glad the 986 is quite simple, so I dare to dive into it.

I'm born and bred in Norway, but I've seen a LOT of TV and movies growing up! :-D Also, I work in IT and we have our helpdesk in UK/Germany so I speak/type in English quite a lot.
Nevergrowup is offline   Reply With Quote