View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #27
impboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
I've never owned a BMW, but am sure they are great vehicles. I currently own an Audi A4. I perform most all my own maintenance on the Audi: Oil/filter changes, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, brake pads, flushed brake fluid, replaced coils, etc. I purchased new in 2006 and has 144,000 miles with no issues. I did get factory to replace timing belt based on manual recommendations. I get 26 - 29 Mpg average. It has a turbo and no issues. I have never missed an oil change (100% synthetic) every 5K miles. It's great for the snow here in Colorado. I would consider getting another one, but this one is like new interior/exterior and runs like new.
And so I was able to get a CPO Audi A4 S Line Quattro sedan with 33k miles for $20k. No, it's no where near the drive of the Boxster. Hopefully it'll serve me well. I did add an extended warranty for some extra piece of mind. If it becomes a money pit, I'll just have to let it go and try something else. In the meantime, it's a beautiful car IMO and my wife loves it too.

However, I never thought letting go of a car would be so hard. The 986 was awesome and truly a great car. I'm going to miss driving it top down all the time.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. This message board was my savior many times when I was trying to figure out how to fix something. Cheers!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18...7/mgaside2.jpg
impboy is offline   Reply With Quote