Thread: Tree Sap
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 09:27 AM   #6
RandallNeighbour

Have you successfully removed all the tree sap? A clearcoat-safe solvent would be best for that.

I can testify to the excellent idea of using Menzerna Intensive Polish to clean up a damaged, scratched clear coat. It really does work wonders when used with a PC random orbital buffer... but you may have to hit the hood multiple times as Menzerna is properly advertised as:

"A rubbing compound that thinks it's a polish" or "A polish that does the work of a rubbing compound without the potential dangers"

What this means is it does the job well, but for tough assignments, multiple applications of the product are in order. My boxster's paint needed 2x with the Intensive Polish to remove the deep swirl marks.

Final Polish comes after that, and then I used Klasse all in one to seal it all and BLAM! I got one amazingly shiny and swirl-free black boxster.

I owe all my detailing success to Perfectlap. He is our resident guru, the one with the deep luster and GT3 Sport seats!

PS - I bought my PC online and saved a bundle. It was $119 and had free shipping.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 10-05-2006 at 09:29 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote