View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #5098
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzorro View Post
Today I troubleshot and repaired the drivers side seatback motor. It was getting old listening to the seat back squeak against the roll bar and not being in my preferred driving position.

My passenger seatback motor worked fine. Just my drivers seat was inoperable. I swapped the seats around to confirm the issue was seat related and not something else. The passenger seatback worked great in when connected in the drivers seat position. So that made the seat the culprit.

I removed the seat back insert and peeled off the leather near the motor (pretty simple to access the motor). Then I pulled out the electrical connector and jumped the motor and it worked. So that makes the switch the culprit.

I removed the switch levers and switch cover to access the backside of the switch to inspect. It all looked in order. So I sprayed the switch with electronics cleaner, let it dry and then rocked the switch back and forth a bit. Seems to click nicely. Then I tried the switch again while connected to the car, and it worked great.

I put the seat back together again and was able to adjust the seat to the perfect drivers position for me. A small but important project bringing my 98 Boxster back to life. And also glad it was inexpensive to repair!

Happy Canada Day all!
Great job! It's satisfying, isn't it?
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote