View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 06:40 AM   #5086
imhighlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I'm green with envy. At a bit over 100k miles, I think I'm due for most or all of that myself. Looks like you did your own work. If you don't mind revealing it, roughly what did all that set you back in parts? And where sourced?
Hey Frodo,

From Suncoast Porsche I bought:
  • The M030 suspension kit from Suncoast, which came with springs, shocks, and sway bars. (Part #VER: PK986M030S.)
  • New front and rear strut mounts (p/n 99734301800; 98633305906).
  • New front shocks mount bearings (p/n 99634351505

From FCP Euro, (lifetime guarantee on EVERYTHING!):
  • Porsche control arm kit (front) p/n TRW 996KIT1
  • Porsche stabilizer links (2 fronts and 2 rears)
  • Porsche sway bar bushings
  • Porsche shock dust boots and bump stops

Somewhere I also bought the new hardware kit that provides new tension nuts for the shocks (shock to strut mount) and for the strut mounts to the body. Those are apparently one-use only nuts so I got new bits. I probably actually got them from Pelican parts, IIRC.

I think that’s everything. I didn’t replace the rear control arms because mine looked good enough and because I didn’t want to spend the other $700 or so for them. (Probably should have, but not going back in for awhile.)

All in I probably spent about $3,000. Spendy, but absolutely worth it for safety and to bring the ride quality back up to factory. For that kind of money I could have done some coilovers but I didn't want to deal with all the fiddly bits a coilover conversion requires, and I didn't want a super low or harsh ride. I am not a track rat so adjustability and the ability to customize camber, etc. were not priorities for me. I simply wanted to refresh everything and go to the M030 setup.

Cheers, and happy wrenching.
imhighlander is offline   Reply With Quote