View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #15
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxMann View Post
Wouldn't a Roadforce balancer detect a wheel that's not true? And also, if that were the problem, why would it happen intermittently?
I don't know how a road force balancer works, so I can't say. I've had tires road force balanced and been told I had a bent wheel when the bend was clearly visible, but have never been told that a wheel that looked straight and true had slight bends. It's been my experience over 16 years with my Boxster that these cars are very sensitive when it comes to steering wheel shimmy. The amount of gas in the tank, tire pressure, tread pattern and road surface all can make the shimmy intermittent in my experience. When I had all 4 of my wheels trued and refinished the car became the best it's ever been in 80,000 miles of driving it.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote