View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:59 AM   #3
PaulE

How was the car before the new tires were installed? If you had the shimmy on the old tires, and everything else checks out, it could be that one of your wheels is bent so slightly that it isn't visible to the naked eye but still results in a shimmy. The places that repair and true wheels use dial indicators to check trueness in both up and down and side to side. I had all 4 of my wheels trued while they were being refinished, and my car is now the smoothest it's ever been. Of course I went to an HPDE a couple of weeks ago and now my tires' treads are coated in race rubber with stones stuck to them, so that all needs to wear off to get the smoothness back!
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote