View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 02:53 PM   #7
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
If playing with the negative battery cable ultimately fixed the problem.?????
I would get a battery post cleaner and clean both posts and cable ends.
Also I would clean the connection of the negative cable where it bolts to the body. make sure there is bright clean metal where it bolts to the body. if it is on a stud held with a nut wire brush hell out of that stud.

Most electrical problems are first: bad grounds Second: corroded connections. really bad crap third and forth.
Glad you found the problem. Thanks for letting us know the fix, helps us all learn.
Yeah, both posts and the battery ground is spotless. The battery is less than a year old, according to the previous owner, and the terminals are clean. The other grounds were clean too.

A couple things looked off to me, however. There were a lot of wire taps. Looks like it once had a remote start, keyless entry and/or alarm. (This is a base model with no key fobs and, I found out today, no console compartment alarm wiring) Whatever it was is now gone, along with whatever wires they tapped on, but the taps remain. I checked every single one, and it looks like the original wires were never broken, except one. And I triple-checked that one.

I don't know what happened, but it started several times after the negative terminal tap-dance, I drove it a while then shut it off and it stared again.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by piper6909; 06-04-2019 at 02:56 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote