View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #17
blue62

Dave_R
On 5-10-2019 you stated that you unplugged the MAF and the car ran fine.
What I see from your posts is that you have.
1. a problem with the module under the seat. Which you believe is connected to your battery drain problem.
Which you may or may not have fixed.!!!!!!
You need to do some proper testing of the electrical system to prove fixed or not fixed.

2. As to your car possibly being in limp mode. (or what ever the problem may be) you need to do a proper step by step diagnosis. Which starts with the simplest things first. Like what codes if any are you getting.
The more things you replace (like the throttle body). or "fix" without knowing with reasonable certainty that they are the problem. The greater chance you have of compounding the problem or creating issues that didn't exist in the first place.

If you do not know how to do a proper diagnosis of the problem I would say hire someone or a shop that does.

you could spend a ton of money replacing parts and chasing ideas that you think are the problem. Potentially way more the a reputable shop would cost you.

If when you unplugged the MAF the car ran fine. (as you stated on 5-10-2019)
I doubt very much that you have an engine that is toast. It could be a very simple issue.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote