View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Goto Autozone and have them scan it with there ODBII scanner, its a free service they do. write the numbers down and tell us what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990
Near the end of my commute of about 30 miles, I stopped to refuel. The car was hard to restart and then ran rough the rest of the way. It also stalled when I stopped for a traffic signal. Then the check engine light flashed a few times and stayed on. It also felt like my brakes were not getting any boost from the power brake unit. My car is a 2000 base with about 34k miles on it. I purchased it in March after a good PPI.

I got the car in my driveway and turned it off. It seemed like the back of the car was hotter than normal although the temperature gauge had not moved past the 8 in the 180 degree mark. I also thought it smelled like something was burning.

I'm planning to find a good independent Porsche mechanic with the proper diagnostic tools and have them check it out. Here are my questions:

1. Should I drive the car to the mechanic or should I have it towed?
2. Anyone know a good independent mechanic in the Richmond, VA area. (I used Krynock to change my spark plugs, but he said he didn't have the software to read the engine code.)
3. Any ideas of what this problem could be?

Thanks in advance.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote