View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 07:57 AM   #12
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snottas View Post
Had the same problem with the 'D' and 4th blinking lights once the engine and transmission was at operating temperature, and this was after I changed the coolant valve due to leakage. The problem continued until I started to have gear shifts without any reason, so as a precaution i changed the transmission oil and filter. The lights continued to blink after the oil change. What I did eventually find thorough some troubleshooting was that the transmission selector switch was faulty. I replaced the switch
and have not had a problem since. I have driven several thousand kms since the switch replacement, Blinking lights gone, transmission operating normal.
Note you will need an OBD reader to clear the blinking lights once you have changed the switch.
the switch is 400 bucks...how did you determine it was a bad switch?
My tranny is shifting fine, BTW, but the fans run and it is acting as if it is slightly overheating. I am trying the coolant valve first, but honestly, I would be surprised if the coolant flowing makes this big of a difference. Still leaning towards faulty thermistor in internal harness as I heard the tranny ran dry for a short period of time with previous owner. (he had the tranny serviced and they forgot to put in fluid afterwards.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote