View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
z12358

43deg F w/ top down!

A small poll. Just wondering, what's the coldest outside temp you've driven your Box with the top down?

This (sunny, crisp) morning I dropped the top, and only few minutes later I saw that it was 43F outside(!). Had a cotton sweater, baseball hat, max heat on the seats (best option EVER), 3/4 heat with 3/4 blast on the heater, windows up. Wasn't cold at all. Never thought one could drive a convertible while this cold and still be comfortable. This car never ceases to amaze me. Too bad I'm hibernating it for the winter.

After the drive:
1. washed it with Optimum No-Rinse (first time, fantastic product!),
2. sprayed wheels with Porsche wheel cleaner (fantastic!)
3. a round of 3M Hand Glaze to get rid of some swirls (first time, fantastic product!)
4. a fight with fiance cause cleaning car takes too long
5. a round of Meguiars NXT spray wax (fantastic, what else?)
6. waxed wheels with Porsche Hart Wax. Any wax would do. Extremely good for protection against break dust. Dirt just rinsed off after the DE couple fo weeks ago.
7. cleaned leather with Porsche Leather Cleaner
8. conditioned leather with Porsche Leather Conditioner

Then went on another ride. Right now having lunch at a local cafe, typing this, and watching as people gawk at the Box parked outside -- all black and shiny with the top down. All ages, kids, old folks, about 80% of people passing by it take a second look. 30% of them do a lap around it.

Darn it, started to rain... Have to go close the top.
An older guy with a dog sitting outside says: "Nice machine."

Did I mention that I absolutely love this car!